A BIG thank you to everyone who came out and helped make Mixing Pot 2012 a HUGE success.
See you next year!
There are 195 countries in the world, and 140 of those cultures live in
The Mixing Pot is a free multicultural family festival which took place within Rock the Rapids, in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan.
This years event was the fourth annual and was held Saturday, August 25, 2012. Excellent entertainment for
adults and children alike.
Downtown Grand Rapids turned into a melting pot
of people from our community. Because of today's challenging economic
climate, many families will not be traveling this summer.
Therefore, the Mixing Pot was a day that ALL ACTIVITIES ARE FREE!!
This year's event had a big "Mixing Pot" for Community Change Donations. The money collected was presented to non-profits to assist with their music programs. Donations benefited: Girl's Choral Academy, YMCA's Y-Scholarship Program & Student Advancement Foundation - GRPS
Popular event highlights at this year's 2012 Mixing Pot were:
• Totally FREE to our community
• Grand Rapids largest free pizza party
• National Guard Obstacle Course and Padded Jousting Arena
• Interactive Demos and Autographs with NBA Star Muggsy Bogues
• Community change donation to benefit local non-profits
• Ferris wheel rides overlooking 131
• Family butterfly release
• Kid’s Alley expo area
• Ice Cream Social and Bouncehouse
• Fun games, entertainment and activities
• Free beverages provided by Pepsi
• Multicultural community entertainment
• Anticipation of many diverse people
• Community dancing in the circle